Gender Identity: Perspective of an Anti-Trans Mother

By Vivi

This is written from the perspective of someone the extreme anti-transgender perspective. All the characters are made-up and are based on characteristics seen throughout several articles. It is written as if Virginia Madison, a mother who found out her son was transgender, was introducing herself:

Hatch, J. (2024, April 10). A mom of a nonbinary teen became an anti-trans activist, fracturing a California family. The Sacramento Bee. https://amp.sacbee.com/news/local/article285961211.html

What does the Bible say about transgender people? (n.d.). Human Rights Campaign. https://www.hrc.org/resources/what-does-the-bible-say-about-transgender-people

    My name is Viginia Madison, and I am a mother of two living in the state of Florida. Recently, my 16-year-old son, Aaron, suddenly came out saying that he was a "she" and that his name is now Emily. I could not believe that my son, who I thought was a faithful Cristian, is defying the gender which God had given to him. From time to time, I hear on the news about gender identity messing up perfectly normal families, but I never thought it was going to be something I had to worry about in my home. 

    There is no such thing as "gender identity." You are born with a gender, either a boy or a girl, and your pronouns should reflect that. It is not much gender identity as is it more gender ideology. Basically, if you identify yourself as a dog and started barking instead of talking, are you going to change the whole school system in order to meet this person's needs? The answer is no. You would think that person is insane and there is something mentally wrong with them. 

    This is all because of the woke agenda that the liberals have been pushing. That is why as Aaron grew closer to the queer community, I joined and am working as a member of the parents' rights movement. I agree with their beliefs, that public institutions such as schools and local governments are taking over parental authority by affirming kids who say they are trans and allowing them to use different names or pronouns. There is an ongoing effort on the liberal side to indoctrinate our children into identifying as transgender or some other gender that I cannot even imagine. I worry that as time goes by, other parents would start having the same troubles as I have been struggling with my own son. That's why it has become my personal crusade to spread the knowledge on this indoctrination. I am always prepared to discuss the situation about my son to anyone who wants to hear and carry a folder with photos of him at varying stages of his transition.

    Even with the occasional fights, I still love my son very much. I just don't want him to be associated with "groomers" or "pedophiles." Trans people are grooming children for sexual exploitation through illicit or inappropriate content through schools and the media. Also, transwomen are a harm to real women and girls. Letting trans girls be able to use the girl's bathroom puts them at risk for sexual assault. I agree with Majorie Taylor Greene, when she claimed that trans women were just "men, who are really a bunch of perverts." Who wants their child to be grouped with these kinds of people. I just hope that this is a phase, and he would come to his right sense of mind soon.

Comments

  1. This is such a realistic portrayal. You can easily find views like Virginia's on social media and in the news every day. The particular constellation of opinions and ways of looking at the world expressed by Virginia summed up well what those with similar "faith-based" mindsets think. I like the fact that you didn't belittle Virginia for her views by portraying her as inherently hateful, for example. I think it is possible to "love" someone in your own way...even though it may not be perceived as love by the intended recipient of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

History on Non-binary

30 questions on Gender Identity