Overall summary by Kana

When I first started writing this blog, I can't say I was excited because this was a part of the school assignments and not something we decided to do on our own. Also, I'm not good at posting something online so I was really worried about it. 

But now that I am done with it, I am really glad that our teacher made us do that because I don't think I would have been able to have the experience of writing a blog if it weren't for the grades. Through the course of making the blog, not only did we get to learn how to write blogs and post them, but we also got to learn more about "gender identity", which was our topic and it helped us prepare for the final presentation on a fictional NGO we created that works to protect LGBTQ+ people. Because we did this blog, our knowledge and understanding of the topic deepened, and could give a great presentation.    







Comments

  1. At first, I thought I have plenty knowledge of LGBTQ+ people but after listening to your presentations I realized I was not enough.
    The reason why I thought I had enough knowledge is because I live in rural area which stereotype, and prejudice still strongly remains. And at there I know more about LGBTQ+ than average person. But I now realize my knowledge has a limit and need more education. Thank you for making me that way:)
    Also, I think not only educating myself but teaching other people is still important. So, I hope a lot of people will get chance to listen these kind of presentations (like the ones you made) in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gender Identity: Perspective of an Anti-Trans Mother

History on Non-binary

30 questions on Gender Identity