Overall Summary: Vivi

  By Vivi

Starting this blog as a mandatory assignment, I initially approached the topic of gender identity with only basic understanding. My knowledge was limited to simple concepts like the knowing the difference between gender and sex, as well as the existence of non-binary identities. However, doing further research on the subject showed a new side to this controversial topic. What I discovered was a complex issue, something way different from the oversimplified portrayals that I see on my phone or on the news. 

Other than gender identity, I was able to learn how to use different platforms when searching for information through the Internet. Even if a website looks legitimate, by factchecking and crosschecking with different websites, it can turn out to have false information. Using surveys and questionnaires were a first for me as well. I had never thought to create my own data instead of looking for them. 

Reflection on Presentation

Although I believe we did a good job, some things that I would be careful next time is the amount of information that is said during the presentation. Because we added to much specific information that wasn't written on the slides, we read too much from our notes. Looking at other presenters, they kept it simple and only said the necessary information. They also changed their speaking speed from time to time and were having eye contact with to see whether we were still interested in what they were saying. However, in our presentation, we were not able to see the listeners' expressions, so I have no way of knowing what they thought of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gender Identity: Perspective of an Anti-Trans Mother

History on Non-binary

30 questions on Gender Identity